This recipe is absolutely delicious and sure to make them come running back for seconds. Easy recipe and a family winner!
- 1 half box of elbow macaroni (1 lb box)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chopped prepared garlic (jar)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (15 oz) can petite diced tomatoes; drained
- 2 (8 oz) cans of tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar
Heat the oven to 350 degrees
Cook the macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside. Heat the oil in a skillet; add the peppers and garlic, and saute until soft. Add the ground beef and saute until browned, drain. Add the tomatoes, sauce, salt and pepper, onion powder, cumin and Italian seasoning to browned beef, combine the macaroni and the beef mixture. Spread half this mixture into a 8 x 8 -inch baking dish and top with about 1/3 cheese. Pour over remaining mixture and top with the remaining cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is lightly browned and bubbly. Serve with garlic bread.